Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yummy Cookies!

I wanted to make yummy cookies to take to my meeting today. Everyone always seems to like the snickerdoodles from this site, but I didn't want to open a whole thing of soymilk, so I just used some Silk Nog (only 0.99 right now!), and there wasn't much cinnamon left, so I just left it off- they still turned out super yummy. The whole bag I took was gone by the time the meeting was over. Yum.

It was icky and snowing today, so I wanted to make something warm and yummy for dinner. Some sort of pot pie sounded tasty, and like usual, I didn't bother with a recipe. Diced onion, red potatoes, carrot and frozen peas all went in a cute little pan I got from Ikea, then I made half a package of vegetarian gravy, thinned it out a bit and poured it over the top. For the crust I mixed flour, a pinch of salt, canola oil and water. I think I probably should have used a recipe for the crust, because it turned out doughy and chewy rather than flaky like I would have liked. The rest was pretty good, although I think next time I will cook the onion, carrots and potatoes on the stove before they go in the oven, since even after an hour they weren't done and the peas where dark and mushy. It was still super tasty though.


No comments: