Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Blah

So, as much as I love icky, rainy weather, I'm really starting to want it to be spring soon. Actually, I'd prefer to just skip right over spring and into summer. And watermelon, peaches, berries and all those other super yummy fruits that just aren't the same during the winter. And being able to go to the beach without wearing 7 layers of clothing.

So I felt cold and blah today and just wanted something easy for dinner. So I just slices up two small onions and sauted them in a sauce pan until they were golden, then added water, veggie broth powder, rice and lentils and let that cook until most of the water was absorbed. Then I added a few handfuls of fresh spinach and cooked until the spinach wilted. Salt and pepper were the only seasonings. It turned out super yummy, like it always does. This is one of my favorite things to make, cause the only real work involved is slicing a few onions, and then it just sits on the stove.

No comments: