Monday, January 22, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes

People today were talking about blueberry pancakes, and it sounded soooo good, I just had to make some. Even if a stupid little 10 ounce bag of frozen blueberries was $5. Oh well. I used the recipe in Vegan With a Vengeance- I think I like that recipe better than the one in the Compassionate Cook, which used to be my favorite. I didn't follow the recipe of course, cause I'm me. It called for 2 tblspoons of maple syrup, which I don't have any of, except for my pretty leaf that I don't want to use, so I just used a little bit of sugar. Next time I think I will let the berries defrost a little before I put them in because I like it when the whole cake turns blue with the juice. I also had little heart shaped pattys of lightlife gimmie lean sausage stuffs. It was the first time I tried it, pretty tasty. I think I like it better than the Gardenburger sausages- and you can shape it into whatever shape you want. Next time i think I will do stars.

No comments: