Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I <3 TJ's!

So I always come up with these yummy sorts of recipes, but then a few weeks later, I'm hungry for something for dinner, but I can never remember how I made stuff. So I decided to start writing them all down. Usually most of my stuff is made with really simple ingredients, cause well, thats what is cheap. I try to do a lot of my nonperishable shopping (canned beans, pasta, ect) at trader joes cause thats where it is the cheapest, but its also a pain to get to, so a lot of my produce comes from QFC, where it is unfortunately a lot more expensive.

Yay, more yummy food tonight. I went to Trader Joes (with a car!) on monday, so I still have a ton of yummy fresh produce left. Tonight I made food similar to last night, but with more of a spicy touch.

1 cup cooked cous cous

5 cloves garlic
1/2 small red pepper diced
1/3 cup diced white mushrooms
1/2 can black beans with liquid
1/4 diced tomato
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon red chili flakes
pinch of salt, pepper

In a small type pan of your choice (I used a wok, but I'm sure a fry pan would work fine) cook the garlic until fragrant. Add the pepper and mushrooms and cook until soft. Add black beans and liquid. Cook until thick. Add tomatoes and season to taste.

I served this over cous cous, but I think it would be better over brown rice. Have to try that next time.

No comments: